About Astra Kelly
Astra Kelly is a San Diego-based musician and songwriter with nine studio album releases on her own label. She is also a vocal/songwriting instructor, Reiki Master/Teacher, and spiritual practitioner. Throughout her career, Astra has provided music-focused lessons and workshops in both one-on-one and group settings, but her position with Jail Guitar Doors as a songwriting facilitator for a rehabilitative workshop with inmates at Donovan State Prison inspired her to further explore how the practice of songwriting can act as a catalyst for profound human transformation and healing for people from all walks of life. From this inspiration, soulsong.life was born. Find out more about Astra at www.astrakelly.com.
soulsong.life offers themed Songwriting Workshops that take place in a group setting. Each workshop is facilitated by a professional songwriter and seeker; however, musical experience is not required for attendees. Using focused writing, dialogue, and music creation, participants will write a song together that reflects their shared experiences. Attendees will receive a lyric/chord sheet and a recording of the song. Most workshops are open to the public, but private/corporate and sponsored sessions are also available. We also offer one-on-one coaching sessions and extended group workshops.
Each soulsong.life workshop offers several creative and transformative benefits. Participants will leave with a greater understanding of how to:
- Incorporate songwriting tools toward personal healing and/or growth.
- Create safe spaces for all to share and express themselves.
- Utilize foundational music elements (feel, rhythm, word play, storytelling, arrangement, and melody).
- Explore and broaden perspectives surrounding a central theme.
- Uniquely and authentically articulate their inner voice.
- Harness the power of the creative process.
- Connect with intuition.
- Work through writer’s block.
- Recognize, assess and transform thought patterns.
- Gain confidence.